Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church



Views:790|Rating:3.57|View Time:5:59Minutes|Likes:5|Dislikes:2
Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church (Baltimore City) is an important hub for the Greek community of the Baltimore region through its religious services, the Greek Independence Day Parade, and its Greek Folk Festival, the largest in Maryland. In 2015, Saint Nicholas received the Maryland Traditions ALTA Award in the category of Place.

Saint George, Church and Tomb in Lydda (Lod), Israel. Tour guide: Zahi Shaked



Views:2874|Rating:5.00|View Time:2:28Minutes|Likes:4|Dislikes:0
Zahi Shaked A tour guide in Israel and his camera
[email protected] 972-54-6905522 tel
סיור עם מורה הדרך ומדריך הטיולים צחי שקד 0546905522

Saint George (c. 275/281 — 23 April 303) was, according to tradition, a Roman soldier from Syria Palaestina and a soldier in the Guard of Diocletian, who is venerated as a Christian martyr. In hagiography Saint George is one of the most venerated saints in the Catholic (Western and Eastern Rites), Anglican, Eastern Orthodox, and the Oriental Orthodox churches. He is immortalized in the tale of Saint George and the Dragon and is one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers. His memorial is celebrated on 23 April, and he is regarded as one of the most prominent military saints.
Many Patronages of Saint George exist around the world, including: Georgia, England, Egypt, Bulgaria, Aragon, Catalonia, Romania, Ethiopia, Greece, India, Iraq, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, Serbia, Ukraine and Russia, as well as the cities of Genoa, Amersfoort, Beirut, Botoşani, Drobeta Turnu-Severin, Timişoara, Fakiha, Bteghrine, Cáceres, Ferrara, Freiburg, Kragujevac, Kumanovo, Ljubljana, Pérouges, Pomorie, Preston, Qormi, Rio de Janeiro, Lod, Lviv, Barcelona, Moscow, Tamworth and Victoria, as well as of the Scout Movement[3] and a wide range of professions, organizations and disease sufferers.
The Church of Saint George (Arabic: كنيسة القديس جيورجوس or كنيسة مار جريس‎ Hebrew: כנסיית ג’ורג’ הקדוש קוטל הדרקון) is the major shrine for the fourth century martyr Saint George (الخضر Al-Khidr in Arabic) and is located in Lod, Israel.[1] The current church, built in 1870, shares space with the El-Khidr Mosque.
Toward the end of the nineteenth century, the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem received permission from the Ottoman authorities to build a church on the site of a previous basilica. The church is built over an earlier 15th century AD structure, and occupies the north end of the nave and left-hand aisle of the earlier church, from which there survive two apses – which, contrary to the normal rule, face north rather than east.
The Ottoman authorities stipulated, that part of the plot be made available for a mosque. Consequently the current Church of St. George incorporates only the northeast corner of the Byzantine basilica. The prayer hall of the adjacent mosque contains a column that once stood in the nave of the basilica. The church contains the sarcophagus of St George.

Hallelujah Chorus – Saint John’s Episcopal Church, Tulsa



Views:24|Rating:0.00|View Time:3:48Minutes|Likes:0|Dislikes:0
“Hallelujah” Chorus
Messiah – G. F. Handel
Saint John’s Choir and Baroque Orchestra
Timothy Brown, guest conductor
December 10. 2017

Saint John’s Episcopal Church
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Joseph Arndt, Organist/Choirmaster

Visiting Mount Saint Elias, Mountain in North America



Views:750|Rating:4.17|View Time:2:2Minutes|Likes:5|Dislikes:1
Visiting Mount Saint Elias, Mountain in North America.

Music
Hustle by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (
Source:
Artist:

Mount Saint Elias,
st elias mountains,
st elias mont,
monte saint elias,
mount foraker,
mount lucania,
mount st elias netflix,
mount foraker,
st elias mountain,
mount lucania,
mount st elias movie,
mount st elias netflix,
steele mountain,

-~-~~-~~~-~~-~-
Please watch: “Visiting Gilcrease Museum, Art Museum in Tulsa, OKlahoma, United States”

-~-~~-~~~-~~-~-

Saint John The Baptist Parish Church – Lian, Batangas, Philippines



Views:611|Rating:5.00|View Time:2:11Minutes|Likes:3|Dislikes:0
Shrine for Christ’s Precursor , Saint John The Baptist Parish Church – Lian, Batangas, Philippines

As early as 1807, Lian was already under a parish; its church edifice was said to be a granary house, which was rebuilt by the Jesuits after an uprising in 1745. However, official sources declare the chapel, which first stood in the present site of the shrine, was only created in 1870.

The chapel, which had undergone multiple reconstructions and remodelling, only lasted until 1950. But on the same site, where it was located, a new edifice with a “more modern look” was built. This building is currently being renovated to improve the facilities, especially to accommodate the pilgrims.

“St. John the Baptist regularly visits those whose faith in God is strengthened further through his intercessions,” Arguelles said in Filipino. However, the archbishop reminded devotees that the religious icon is still a representation, but stressed just the same that it stands for a person of high esteem.

Saint Patrick’s Catholic School Kansas City, Kansas



Views:2779|Rating:4.25|View Time:4:30Minutes|Likes:17|Dislikes:3
This video is a glimpse into St. Patrick’s Catholic School in Kansas City, Kansas. The 2013 Catholic Education Foundation’s “School of Excellence” has a long tradition of faith focused education. Parents, students and faculty all strive to make St. Patrick’s Catholic School successful.

Saint Ann Catholic Church Transformation



Views:12971|Rating:4.57|View Time:7:53Minutes|Likes:42|Dislikes:4
Saint Ann Catholic Church Transformation in Charlotte, NC. Revovation of a 50 year old basement church. Designed by McCrery Architects of Washington, D.C. Pricipal Architect: James McCrery. Built by Shiel Sexton out of Indianapolis. Dedicated on on December 5, 2009 by Bishop Peter Jugis of the Diocese of Charlotte and the Pastor of Saint Ann’s, Rev. Timothy Reid.

Church of Saint George, Lod, Lydda Israel with Zahi Shaked



Views:277|Rating:5.00|View Time:7:25Minutes|Likes:2|Dislikes:0
Zahi Shaked A tour guide in Israel and his camera
[email protected] +972-54-6905522 tel
סיור עם מורה הדרך ומדריך הטיולים צחי שקד 0546905522

Saint George (c. 275/281 — 23 April 303) was, according to tradition, a Roman soldier from Syria Palaestina and a soldier in the Guard of Diocletian, who is venerated as a Christian martyr. In hagiography Saint George is one of the most venerated saints in the Catholic (Western and Eastern Rites), Anglican, Eastern Orthodox, and the Oriental Orthodox churches. He is immortalized in the tale of Saint George and the Dragon and is one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers. His memorial is celebrated on 23 April, and he is regarded as one of the most prominent military saints.
Many Patronages of Saint George exist around the world, including: Georgia, England, Egypt, Bulgaria, Aragon, Catalonia, Romania, Ethiopia, Greece, India, Iraq, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, Serbia, Ukraine and Russia, as well as the cities of Genoa, Amersfoort, Beirut, Botoşani, Drobeta Turnu-Severin, Timişoara, Fakiha, Bteghrine, Cáceres, Ferrara, Freiburg, Kragujevac, Kumanovo, Ljubljana, Pérouges, Pomorie, Preston, Qormi, Rio de Janeiro, Lod, Lviv, Barcelona, Moscow, Tamworth and Victoria, as well as of the Scout Movement[3] and a wide range of professions, organizations and disease sufferers.
The Church of Saint George (Arabic: كنيسة القديس جيورجوس or كنيسة مار جريس‎ Hebrew: כנסיית ג’ורג’ הקדוש קוטל הדרקון) is the major shrine for the fourth century martyr Saint George (الخضر Al-Khidr in Arabic) and is located in Lod, Israel.[1] The current church, built in 1870, shares space with the El-Khidr Mosque.
Toward the end of the nineteenth century, the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem received permission from the Ottoman authorities to build a church on the site of a previous basilica. The church is built over an earlier 15th century AD structure, and occupies the north end of the nave and left-hand aisle of the earlier church, from which there survive two apses – which, contrary to the normal rule, face north rather than east.
The Ottoman authorities stipulated, that part of the plot be made available for a mosque. Consequently the current Church of St. George incorporates only the northeast corner of the Byzantine basilica. The prayer hall of the adjacent mosque contains a column that once stood in the nave of the basilica. The church contains the sarcophagus of St George.