What are the primary differences between the Roman Catholic Church and the American Catholic Church in the U.S.? In this video, the Rev. Dr. Jayme Mathias, pastor of Holy Family Catholic Church in Austin, Texas, tells us, speaking from his own experience of more than ten years of ministry within the Roman church!
Roman Mars is obsessed with flags — and after you watch this talk, you might be, too. These ubiquitous symbols of civic pride are often designed, well, pretty terribly. But they don’t have to be. In this surprising and hilarious talk about vexillology — the study of flags — Mars reveals the five basic principles of flag design and shows why he believes they can be applied to just about anything.
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world’s leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less). Look for talks on Technology, Entertainment and Design — plus science, business, global issues, the arts and much more.
Find closed captions and translated subtitles in many languages at
Follow TED news on Twitter:
Like TED on Facebook:
Subscribe to our channel:
INSIDE THE CATHOLIC CATECHISM by Tom Weaver
My dear Catholic friend, you are not my enemy. Satan is my enemy. Ephesians 6:11-17 teaches that we are in a spiritual warfare. Friend, I am not your enemy, Satan is. He is out to destroy you and I. I believe that if most Catholics knew what the Catholic Church really taught, versus what the Word of God says, they would be obedient to God’s word and separate themselves from the false teachings. I want to make myself clear, I am not attacking the Catholic people. Most are good, decent people. The largest religion in the world is Roman Catholicism, but the majority doesn’t make it right. As a matter of fact, God’s Word teaches that the majority is always wrong when it comes to religion. In the book of Matthew chapter seven, Jesus paints a very bleak picture of this fact. In Matthew 7:13-15, Jesus says, “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for WIDE is the gate, and BROAD is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and MANY there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and NARROW is the way, which leadeth unto life, and FEW there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” My friend, I want to be counted with the few that find the narrow way to life everlasting.
For one to know or understand what a Church or organization believes, one must go to the source. The Church I belong to is a fundamental independent Bible believing Baptist Church. If you want to know what our official position or doctrine is, you could request a copy of our doctrinal statement. Some call them their “Statement of Faith.” I have been told by various Catholics that the church did not teach or they did not agree with various doctrines that I espoused that the Catholic Church held. I decided to go to the source.
If you want to know the official position the Catholic Church takes on any particular doctrine, you can find it in their Catechisms. I went to the Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Huntsville, Alabama, and purchased the book, Catechism of the Catholic Church, Doubleday Publishing. This book contains the entire Catechism of the Catholic Church, which was updated and first published in Latin in 1992, and publish in the English version in 1994. It is the official statement of faith of the Roman Catholic Church. It is the Catholic Church’s doctrinal statement.
Children of God are commanded in God’s Word to separate themselves from those who teach and preach a false gospel. In 2 John 1:9-10 the Bible states, “Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, RECEIVE HIM NOT into your house, neither bid him God speed.”
We are commanded to hold fast the teachings or doctrines of Christ. If one brings teaching that is contrary to the teachings of Christ then we are to reject the teaching, make known those that bring such teachings, and avoid them. Romans 16:17 states, “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and AVOID them.” “Contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned” does not mean doctrine according to the traditions of a church, or philosophies of men. It means, “Contrary to the doctrines you have learned according to sound Bible teaching, or doctrines.”
Now, whether you will read the rest of this depends on whether you want to know truth or you want someone to tickle your ears with what you want to hear. The Bible says that many will be like that, 2 Timothy 4:3, “For the time will come when they will not endure SOUND DOCTRINE; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.” Do you have itchy ears? Remember, I said don’t take my word. Check me out. See what the Bible says.
To continue reading this article click here:
To read about the lies of Roman Catholicism click here:
Archbishop of Portland, Oregon tells the children of the SSPX Chapels that they are not welcome.
We are in a hallway panning across the doorway to a boiler room and a face peeks out and looks at the person filming. The person filming said they were not even looking through the camera lens, he saw the face look directly at him. Then he ran. Haha!
Matt talks to Roman Catholic about the herectical teachings of the Catholic Church.
The song/prayer known as THE GLORIA is discussed by Fr. Mark Hanifan of St. Albert the Great Catholic Parish in Reno, NV. The upcoming changes to THE GLORIA are illustrated in this series on the New Roman Missal that will be implemented during Advent 2011. This is part 4 in an ongoing sequence.
Delia Herrera, chaplain at CCA Eden Detention Center, is not your typical Roman Catholic nun. She forgoes the traditional nun’s garb and mission of evangelizing, and instead focuses her attention on creating a sacred space of worship for the inmates who utilize the chapel.
See more stories at
Like us on Facebook at
Follow us on Twitter at
The Big Dog and The Swiss Cyborg slug it out for the Intercontinental Title, live on Raw.
Get your first month of WWE Network for FREE:
Subscribe to WWE on YouTube:
Must-See WWE videos on YouTube:
Psalm – Our Blessing Cup is a Communion with the Blood of the Lord
Some historians argue that if churches had used their power, the Atlantic slave trade might have never occurred. By the same logic, others argue that the Catholic church and Catholic missionaries could have also helped to prevent the colonization and brutality of colonialism in Africa. Learn more
ROMAN CATHOLIC CONFERENCE ANAHEIM, CA
BROTHER FROM PASTOR KIM CHURCH…
Visiting St Peters Roman Catholic Church (Harpers Ferry) | Our Haunted Travels
On July 13, 2017 we visited Harpers Ferry, West Virginia and one of our stops was the St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church. St. Peter’s Church has a very long history and has survived many battles of the American Civil War, thanks to Father Costello.
St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia occupies a prominent location on the heights above Harpers Ferry.
Construction on the St. Peter’s Catholic church began in 1830 and was completed around 1833. It was the third church built in Harpers Ferry, and sat on land previously owned by Robert Harper. Over the years, it has been enlarged and renovated, but has been in continuous use since the late 1800s.
During the Civil War, St. Peter’s was the only church to survive the fighting. Father Costello is accredited with this feat. He chose to stay with his church throughout the war, and whenever fighting started up, he’d fly the British flag over the church. Fearing an international incident, neither side ever fired on the church. The church WAS used as a hospital, however, and Father Costello himself helped care for patients.
PANICd Paranormal Videos – Our Haunted Travels is a series of paranormal videos that we provide the history of the location, the ghost stories and folklore, the paranormal claims, our personal experiences, and why we believe the location could be haunted. Be sure to follow along with our adventures where we feature a new location we have visited each week at:
Ghost Stories and Folklore are paranormal videos that will cover the paranormal claims at the particular locations. On occasion, we may deviate from a location and provide some sort of creepy pasta or urban legend video. These videos are narrated by our mascot “Boris” to add that special creepy effect to the videos. So sit back, listen, and enjoy. You can see the complete catalog of Ghost Stories and Folklore Videos we have at:
#parapeeps #ourhauntedtravels #pararnormalvideos
👻 Find out more about St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church Ghost Stories and Folklore at:
👻 Find out more about St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church in Harpers Ferry at:
👻 Visit our on-line database of paranormal locations throughout the United States at:
👻 Take a look at some of our paranormal related articles at:
Help Support the Channel by checking out our books on Amazon:
☑️Get our first volume of “Our Haunted Travels” on Amazon at:
☑️ Get the First Volume of the “Our Haunted Travels” Coloring Book at:
☑️ Join us on Facebook at:
☑️ Follow us on Twitter at:
☑️ Make sure you subscribe to our channel at:
☑️ You can also follow us on Instagram at:
Thanks for watching, and happy hunting!
Mass Los Angeles
Full remarks by Dr. Alexander Roman on “Newly Canonized and Newly Discovered Saints of the Kyivan Church: An Overview”, Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies, University of St. Michael’s College in the University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada, 27 February 2018.
– It is a mistake to think that to be a saint is to be divested of all, but fundamental, worldly desires and needs
– 0:30 We are all called to experience what Eastern theology calls “theosis”
– 0:44 The term “saint” was the apostle Paul standard term for “Christian”
– 1:34 Saints legitimate the way of Christ
– 1:52 We can appreciate new examples of sanctity of the Kyivan Church, i.e. the various jurisdictions – Orthodox, Greco-Catholic – which derive their apostolic foundation from the ancient ecclesial centre of Kyiv
– 2:20 Canonization of saints within the Orthodox tradition. Orthodox saints continue to be glorified for purposes of liturgical veneration at the most local of levels beginning with monasteries and villages. Pope Urban VIII ruled that beatification was to be decided by Rome, not by the people
– 2:57 John Duns Scotus beatified by Saint John Paul II
– 3:14 Since the fall of the Soviet Union, a plethora of archeological research has exploded on the ecclesial scene in Ukraine. This has lead to the discovery and study of the earliest Christians in Tavriya (Таврія) and Crimea, dating to the time of Pope Saint Clement martyred in 101 AD.
– 3:50 Pope Saint Clement wrote the eight books of the epistolic constitutions which remain an integral part of the New Testament to the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church
– 4:22 Saint Volodymyr took Clement’s skull to Kyiv, Ukraine after his baptism
– 4:28 Most surprising discovery is the association of the Ukrainian trident with Pope Clement
– 5:18 Kyiv Pechersk Lavra (Києво-Печерська лавра), St. Anthony, St. Theodosius
– 5:36 Zvirynetsky caves (Звіринецькі печери) devastated by enemy raids
– 6:42 Kyiv Pechersk Lavra bore a number of venerable fathers whose underground relics were covered by rocks and debris due to the earthquakes of history
– 7:00 Sixty-one mirror bearing skull relics of unknown venerable fathers. Skull of Pope Clement exudes aromatic oil to this day in a silver chalice
– 7:18 Competition between churches in Ukraine to determine a superior patriotism in claiming the newly glorified Saints
– 7:35 St. Peter Mohyla glorified for his sanctity. Both Moscow and Kyiv jurisdictions moved to glorify him on the same day
– 7:57 Glorification of the Cossack leader Petro Kalnyshevsky (Петро Калнишевський) by both Moscow and Kyiv again
– 8:14 Ivan Vyshensky (Іван Вишенський) recently glorified
– 8:31 Paisius Velichkovsky (Паїсій Величковський) teacher of the Jesus prayer
– 9:34 Discovery of other saints with Ukrainian connections
– 9:45 Saint Edigna (Едігна) was granddaughter of Yaroslav the Wise (Ярослав Мудрий)
– 10:05 Saint Margaret, Queen of Scotland, was granddaughter of Yaroslav the Wise (Ярослав Мудрий)
– 10:51 Scandinavian sagas only, mistakenly refer to Saint Mstyslav Harold as “Harold”
– 10:55 First Christian rule of Kyivan-Rus’ Saint Askold
– 11:30 First baptism of Kyivan Rus’ took place with the establishment of Ukraine’s firm veneration of the protective veil of the Mother of God
– 11:42 In the east, vast areas of Siberia was Christianized by scholars of the Kyiv Mohyla Academy such as Saint John Maksymovych who translated the liturgy into Chinese. His 20th century descendant built two Orthodox churches in Shanghai (正教會, 上海市). Both churches are still standing
– 12:30 Ukrainian missionaries built over 2,500 churches throughout Siberia. Missionary reach of Kyivan church extended into Alaska
– 13:19 Many new martyrs and confessors of Ukraine were glorified in 2000 AD.
– 17:42 I like to think that all of these saints are the common spiritual patrimony of the entire Ukrainian spiritual tradition as well as eastern-western Christians
– 18:03 Very specific Ukrainian tradition praying Akathist (Акафіст), or unseated hymn
Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern…