This is a very quick tutorial on how to use Google Earth to find awesome metal detecting sites. It focus on the Time Bar and the “roads” section. I am currently using it to study an empty field where an old nursing home used to be.
Emi Hariyama is an award winning ballerina who graduated from the Bolshoi Ballet School in Moscow, and has performed across Russia, Asia, Europe and America. Emi talks about the beauty of ballet, her work as a dancer/ performer/artist, and challenges faced as a ballerina abroad.
Matthew Vines visits Google’s Mountain View office to discuss The Reformation Project and his book ‘God and the Gay Christian: The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships’. You can find Matthew’s book on Google Play here:
Matthew Vines is the founder and president of The Reformation Project, and the author of God and the Gay Christian: The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships. The Reformation Project runs conferences across the country for Christians who want to advance the inclusion of the LGBT community in their churches. TIME has written that Vines “represents new momentum to change the evangelical tide,” and he has been featured on CNN, NPR, MSNBC, and in The New York Times.
You can now create Reminders in Google Calendar to keep track of your to-dos alongside your events. Finally, a single way to manage your day. Get the app:
Jeremy Scahill comes to Google to talk about his new book, Dirty Wars: The World is a Battlefield.
In Dirty Wars, Jeremy Scahill, author of the New York Times bestseller Blackwater: The World’s Most Powerful Mercenary Army, takes us inside America’s new covert wars. The foot soldiers in these battles operate globally and inside the United States with orders from the White House to do whatever is necessary to hunt down, capture, or kill individuals designated by the president as enemies.
Drawn from the ranks of the Navy SEALs, Delta Force, former Blackwater and other private security contractors, the CIA’s Special Activities Division, and the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), these elite soldiers operate worldwide, with thousands of secret commandos working in more than one hundred countries. Funded through “black budgets,” Special Operations Forces conduct missions in denied areas, engage in targeted killings, snatch and grab individuals, and direct drone, AC-130, and cruise missile strikes. While the Bush administration deployed these ghost militias, President Barack Obama has expanded their operations and given them new scope and legitimacy.
Dirty Wars follows the consequences of the declaration that “the world is a battlefield,” as Scahill uncovers the most important foreign policy story of our time. From Afghanistan to Yemen, Somalia, and beyond, Scahill reports from the frontlines in this high-stakes investigation and explores the depths of America’s global killing machine. He goes beneath the surface of America’s covert wars, conducted in the shadows, outside the range of the press, without effective congressional oversight or public debate. And, based on unprecedented access, Scahill tells the story of an American citizen marked for assassination by his own government.As US leaders draw the country deeper into conflicts across the globe, setting the world stage for enormous destabilization and blowback, Americans are not only at greater risk—we are changing as a nation. Scahill unmasks the shadow warriors who prosecute these secret wars and puts a human face on the casualties of unaccountable violence that is now official policy: victims of night raids, secret prisons cruise missile attacks and drone strikes, and whole classes of people branded as “suspected militants.” Through his reporting, he exposes the true nature of the dirty wars the United States government struggles to keep hidden.
About the Author: Jeremy Scahill is National Security Correspondent for The Nation magazine and is a Puffin Foundation Writing Fellow at The Nation Institute.He is the writer, with David Riker, and a producer of the documentary feature film, Dirty Wars, which won the Cinematography Award for U.S. Documentary at the Sundance Film Festival 2013. IFC Films releases Dirty Wars in theaters June 7, 2013 throughout the United States.
Scahill has reported from Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Nigeria, Yemen, the former Yugoslavia and elsewhere across the globe. Scahill is a frequent guest on a wide array of programs, appearing regularly on The Rachel Maddow Show, Real Time with Bill Maher, and Democracy Now!. He has also appeared on ABC World News, CBS Evening News, NBC Nightly News, BBC, al Jazeera, CNN, The NewsHour, and Bill Moyers Journal. Scahill’s work has sparked several Congressional investigations and won some of journalism’s highest honors. He was twice awarded the prestigious George Polk Award, in 1998 for foreign reporting and in 2008 for his book Blackwater.
In 2013, Scahill was named one of nine recipients of the Donald Windham-Sandy M. Campbell Literature Prizes at Yale University.
Education Lessons from Work Rules! That Will Transform How You Live and Lead.
Laszlo Bock shares lessons that are key to building successful education organizations. He discusses culture, failure / experimentation, bias, and importance of social / emotional learning.
William Green, author of the highly rated book “The Great Minds of Investing”, will speak about the most important lessons he has learned in two decades of studying, interviewing, and writing about many of the world’s best investors. He will discuss how you can become more successful — both as an investor and in other areas of life — by reverse-engineering the greatest investors and figuring out how they stack the odds of success in their favor. The goal: to become richer, wiser, and happier.
William has written for many publications, including Time, The New Yorker, Fortune, Forbes, Barron’s, Money, Worth, Bloomberg Markets, and The Economist. He was the Editor of the European, Middle Eastern, African, and Asian editions of Time. As a co-author, he worked closely with Guy Spier, helping him to write his memoir, The Education of a Value Investor. William has interviewed many remarkable investors, such as Sir John Templeton, Joel Greenblatt, Howard Marks, Bill Ackman, Seth Klarman, Bill Miller, Tom Russo, Marty Whitman, Bill Nygren, Donald Yacktman, Mohnish Pabrai, Jean-Marie Eveillard, Peter Lynch, Bill Ruane, and Michael Price.
HISTORICAL PLACES OF NORTH CAROLINA STATE,U S A PART ONE (1/2)
1. NORTH CAROLINA STATE CAPITOL HOUSE,RALEIGH 35°46’48.95″N 78°38’20.30″W
2. PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH,WILMINGTON 34°13’59.37″N 77°56’43.33″W
3. TEN COMANDMENTS,MURPHY 35° 7’13.78″N 84°15’0.26″W
4. BELL TOWER,RALEIGH 35°47’10.39″N 78°39’48.54″W
5. FORT FISHER,KURE BEACH 33°58’18.39″N 77°55’9.11″W
6. SMILEY,ASHEVILLE 35°29’20.13″N 82°31’4.81″W
7. CATHEDRAL,CHARLOTTE 35°12’26.37″N 80°51’9.64″W
8. NASHER MUSEUM OF ART,DURHAM 35°59’56.67″N 78°55’44.00″W
9. DOG BONE SHAPED POOL,CHARLOTTE 35°13’47.58″N 80°55’18.90″W
10. ELK RIVER FALLS,ROAN MOUNTAIN 36°11’52.79″N
11. WORLD’S LARGEST CHEST DRAWER,HIGH POINT 35°57’48.68″N 80° 0’29.36″W
12. MUSEUM OF ART,RALEIGH 35°48’33.96″N 78°42’10.02″W
13. PRITCHARD MEMORIAL CHURCH,CHARLOTTE 35°12’59.15″N 80°51’4.60″W
14. MUSEUM OF NATURAL SCIENCES,RALEIGH 35°46’55.81″N 78°38’22.97″W
15. FORT DOBBS,STATESVILLE 35°49’18.96″N 80°53’49.10″W
16. ACORNRALEIGH 35°46’37.26″N 78°38’9.12″W
17. BILLY GRAHAM LIBRARY,CHARLOTTE 35°11’25.93″N 80°54’33.60″W
18. PILOT MOUNTAIN,PINNACLE 36°20’24.22″N 80°28’29.78″W
19. ROCKEFELLER MEMORIAL,SWAIN 35°36’39.73″N 83°25’28.62″W
20. HISTORIC SHELL STATION,WINSTON SALEM 36° 4’3.74″N 80°12’50.78″W
21. WRIGHT BROTHERS NATIONAL MEMORIAL,KILL DEVIL HILLS 36° 0’51.02″N 75°40’4.74″W
714 622-4095 for White Dove Release In Huntington Beach White Doves, Brea, Resurrections Cemetery Montebello, Rosemead, Monterey Park, New York, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Florida, Chicago, France, Germany, England, United Kingdom, China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Philippians, Vietnam, India, Africa, Canada, Australia, Washington, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Boston, New Jersey, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, White Doves, Orange County, for White Doves Los Angeles plus Rose Hills Cemetery Memory Gardens Cemetery Mortuary Funeral Home
Westminster Memorial Park “Peek” Funeral Home – Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Fountain Valley, Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks & Mortuaries – Long Beach, Covina
Saddleback Church, Marines Church, First Christian Church, Seabreeze Church, Queen of Heaven Catholic Cemetery & Mausoleum, Rowland Heights
Doves only Service Prices at White Dove Funeral Rental Services Whittier, Rose Hills Inglewood Park Cemetery Rentals with all White Doves Service White Doves at Forest Lawn Memorial Park service at Redondo Beach Pier. Events plus covering Huntington Beach, Long Beach, California. Bridal Events Montebello, Los Angeles, Whittier, Hills, Rose, Huntington Beach CA, United States of America Memorial Paloma Event Professionals, Alhambra, Altadena, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Arcadia, Artesia, Baldwin Park, Bell, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Beverly Hills, Brea, Brentwood (Los Angeles), Buena Park, Burbank (Los Angeles), Calabasas, Canoga Park, Carson, City of Commerce, Compton, Costa Mesa, Cudahy, Culver City, Cypress, Downey, Eagle Rock, East Los Angeles, El Monte, El Segundo, Encino, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Gardena, Glendale, Granada Hills, Hacienda Heights, Harbor City, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Highland Park, Hollywood, Huntington Beach, Huntington Park, Inglewood, Irvine, La Canada, La Crescenta, La Habra, La Mirada, La Puente, Lakewood, Lawndale, Lennox, Lomita, Long Beach, Los Alamitos, Los Angeles, Lucerne Valley, Lynwood, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Marina del Rey, Maywood, Montebello, Monterey Park, Newport Beach, North Hollywood, Norwalk, Ocean Park, Orange, Pacoima, Panorama City, Paramount, Pasadena, Pico Rivera, Placentia, Playa del Rey, Redondo Beach, Reseda, Rosemead, San Fernando, San Gabriel, San Pedro, Santa Ana, Santa Fe Springs, Santa Monica, Seal Beach, Sepulveda, Sherman Oaks, Sierra Madre, Signal Hill, South El Monte, South Gate, South Pasadena, Stanton, Studio City, Sun Valley, Sunset Beach, Sylmar, Tarzana, Topanga, Torrance, Tujunga, Tustin, Universal City, Valinda, Van Nuys, Venice, Verdugo City, West Covina, West Hollywood, West Los Angeles, Westminster, Westwood (Los Angeles), Whittier, Wilmington, Woodland Hills, and Yorba Linda. Number One White Dove Release Company
As part of Black History Month, Google invited MA State Rep & Majority Whip Byron Rushing to give a talk on any topic relevant to the black experience. In this talk, Rep. Rushing delves into the lesser-known history of slavery in Massachusetts.
Rep. Rushing is a historian by training and former President of the Museum of African American History in Boston.
HISTORICAL PLACES OF OKLAHOMA STATE,U S A
1. OKLAHOMA STATE CAPITOL,OKLAHOMA CITY 35°29’32.38″N 97°30’11.65″W
2. LDS TEMPLE,YUKON 35°35’30.83″N 97°43’36.03″W
3. GOVERNOR MANSION & OKLAHOMA SHAPED POOL 35°29’33.00″N 97°29’49.51″W
4. TULSA ZOO,TULSA 36°12’38.71″N 95°54’29.11″W
5. OKLAHOMA CITY NATIONAL MEMORIAL 35°28’23.53″N 97°31’1.24″W
6. LIFE CHURCH CROSS,EDMOND 35°38’59.06″N 97°25’20.86″W
7. WINGS ON THE WAY,OKLAHOMA CITY 35°23’39.98″N 97°36’54.72″W
8. FORT GIBSON 35°48’14.07″N 95°15’27.29″W
9. MUSEUM OF ART,OKLAHOMA CITY 35°28’11.10″N 97°31’13.75″W
10. PRAYING HANDS STATUE,TULSA 36° 3’7.41″N 95°57’24.97″W
11. MUSEUM & ZOO PARK,OKLAHOMA CITY 35°31’10.98″N 97°28’16.49″W
12. FORT NICHOLS,CIMARRON 36°45’14.76″N 102°55’35.31″W
13. COWBOY & WESTERN HERITAGE MUSEUM,OKLAHOMA CITY 35°32’6.94″N 97°29’0.21″W
14. GILCREASE MUSEUM OF AMERICA,TULSA 36°10’27.31″N 96° 1’16.79″W
15. GIANT MILK BOTTLE,OKLAHOMA CITY 35°29’39.22″N 97°31’55.64″W
16. FORT SUPPLY HISTORIC SITE 36°33’46.36″N 99°33’35.30″W
17. AIR FORCE BASE AIRPARK,TINKER 35°25’57.49″N 97°24’14.73″W
18. BAPTIST CHURCH,OKLAHOMA CITY 35°28’49.05″N 97°31’0.13″W
19. GOLDEN DRILLER STATUE,TULSA 36° 8’2.43″N 95°55’52.55″W
20. MYRIAD BOTANICAL GARDENS,OKLAHOMA CITY 35°27’56.06″N 97°31’4.34″W
21. HUGE TRAIN (2.10 KM),CLAREMORE 36°15’0.34″N 95°40’9.79″W
22. GEODESIC DOME “GOLD DOME”,OKLAHOMA CITY 35°29’34.19″N 97°31’50.46″W
HISTORICAL PLACES OF TEXAS STATE,U S A PART TWO (2/2)
1. COURT HOUSE,FORT WORTH 32°45′26.49″N 97°19′59.45″W
2. THE ALAMO SHRINE,SAN ANTONIO 29°25’32.36″N 98°29’8.95″W
3. CALVARY CATHEDRAL,FORT WORTH 32°47’5.85″N 97°19’9.74″W
4. FORT PRESIDIO,GOLIAD 28°38′48″N 97°22′54″W
5. WORLD AQUARIUM,DALLAS 32°47′0.44″N 96°48′18.46″W
6. CADILLAC RANCH,POTTER COUNTY 35°11’13.97″N 101°59’13.48″W
7. TEXAS MAP POOL,FORT WORTH 33° 1’53.55″N 97°16’49.14″W
8. CHILDREN’S MUSEUM,HOUSTON 29°43’21.45″N 95°23’6.98″W
9. NATURAL BRIDGE CAVERNS,SAN ANTON IO 29°41’30.01″N 98°20’32.98″W
10. RED MUSEUM,DALLAS 32°46’43.03″N 96°48’26.18″W
11. BOB BULLOCK HISTORY MUSEUM,AUSTIN 30°16’49.17″N 97°44’20.71″W
12. BATTLESHIP,LA PORTE 29°45’22.39″N 95° 5’22.60″W
13. SIX FLAGS OVER TEXAS,ARLINGTON 32°45’20.26″N 97° 4’12.33″W
14. GIANT COWBOY SHOE,SAN ANTONIO 29°31’11.83″N 98°29’39.31″W
15. CATHEDRAL OF SACRED HEART,HOUSTON 29°44’59.45″N 95°22’7.19″W
16. ARBORETUM&BOTANICAL GARDEN,DALLAS 32°49′23.15″N 96°43′2.36″W
17. ALBRITTON BELL TOWER,COLLEGE STATION 30°36’47.23″N 96°20’40.74″W
18. SAN FERNANDO CATHEDRAL,SAN ANTONIO 29°25’28.28″N 98°29’39.23″W
19. GIANT FIRE HYDRANT,WALNUT 30° 5’9.35″N 94° 5’56.47″W
20. LDS TEMPLE,SAN ANTONIO 29°38’29.49″N 98°29’19.43″W
21. SAN JACINTO MONUMENT,PORTE 29°44’59.61″N 95° 4’50.37″W
22. CATHELIC CHURCH,LAREDO 27°30’52.60″N 99°29’59.83″W
23. CROSS OF LORD JESUS CHRIST,GROOM 35°12’34.79″N 101° 7’24.56″W
Classical saxophonist Dr. Paul Cohen visits Google to discuss the history of the saxophone and demonstrate rare instruments from his collection. Learn more about Dr. Paul Cohen and his saxophone collection on his web site,
Richard Rothstein discusses his book, “The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America.”
Moderated by Halimah DeLaine Prado.
Get the book: goo.gl/TvYhLk
The tech giant has added more details and better colours to the apps.
Both the applications will feature the data captured by Landsat 8 satellite, which was launched in 2013.
Now users can witness new and improved services in both the apps.
The new update will enhance the image quality and provide sharper satellite imagery to users.
#GoogleMaps #GoogleEarth #SatelliteImagery