Christmas Eve pageant – procession
St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Phoenix celebrated 60 years of ministry to the community in 2016. The church, located between the historic Maryvale and Alhambra districts, was established in 1956 as a welcoming Anglo-Catholic community of Christians in the Episcopal Diocese of Arizona.
In this video, one of the founding missioners of the parish, the Reverend Fr. Lewis Long, OSB, arrives early to the service. It was a great honor to have Fr. Long back with us for the celebration, and to thank him for his years of service to the church and the neighborhood.
Christians from Episcopal, Lutheran, Roman Catholic, Ukrainian Catholic, Presbyterian, and Mennonite backgrounds joined for an ecumenical service of praise and thanksgiving. The congregation met at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church for the beginning of the service and processed to the Dormition of the Mother of God Ukrainian Catholic Church for the latter half.