Abandoned Observatory



Views:3413|Rating:4.86|View Time:4:55Minutes|Likes:34|Dislikes:1
Abandoned Observatory East Cleveland Ohio. The Warner and Swasey Observatory is the astronomical observatory of Case Western Reserve University. The observatory was located on Taylor Road in East Cleveland, Ohio, USA. The observatory, which at that time housed a 9.5-inch refractor telescope, was donated in 1919 to the Case School of Applied Science. Between 1919 and 1950, a few more telescopes came and gone. In the 1950s, light pollution from Cleveland was beginning to make research impossible from the East Cleveland site. A new site was constructed 30 miles to the east in Geauga County, known today as the Nassau Station
In May 1979, the newer 36-inch reflector telescope on Taylor Road was moved to the Nassau Station. No further astronomical work was done at the Taylor Road The Taylor Road facility was sold in 1983, was abandoned until 2005 when it was sold to a couple who planned to convert the building into a residence. The plans stalled when its new owner was convicted of mortgage fraud and sent to prison in 2007.

Music Ryan Lawrence Manthey (Lakewood Ohio) Thank You Ryan, you are great.
See also more great urban exploration videos.

Cleveland Aquarium

Goats crossing the boarders

Urban Exploration Paper Mill, Trenton Ohio, Excello Lock

Urban Exploration Abandoned Trailer Park

Urban Exploring Abandoned Rayon Corporation Painseville Ohio

Cleveland Plain Dealer Newspaper Littering Suburbs with Pollution Garbage and poor Waste Management

Cleveland Ohio Secret Radiation Exposure

Abandoned Observatory

Urban Exploring Abandoned Rayon Corporation Painseville Ohio



Views:1834|Rating:4.64|View Time:3:Minutes|Likes:13|Dislikes:1
Urban Exploring Abandoned Rayon Corporation Painseville Ohio
Industrial Rayon Corporation (IRC) in Cleveland and in Painseville Ohio manufactured rayon yarn. Rayon was the world’s first synthetic fiber, which found use in items ranging from undergarments in WWII to tires all over the world. Rayon production using continuous spinning process at the West Boulevard plant (Cleveland Ohio) and the Painesville plant reached vey high levels during WWII. The company slowed down during the the Depression, during some labor strikes and environmental complaints, and in post-war years demand for rayon became low.

Industrial Rayon Corporation was incorporated on July 20, 1925 and since its merger with Midland-Ross the name of Industrial Rayon Division of Midland-Ross Corporation was used. During the a ten year period of 1951 to 1961, Industrial Rayon’s production manufacture rayon cord for the manufacture of car tires for and the rayon yarn for clothes.

The introduction of nylon and other synthetic tire cords during the early 1950’s slowed down the Rayon production. In 1980 the Painseville plant shut down.

In the video a man was interviewed. We believe that he may have been talking about the Diamond Shamrock site down the street. We were told that Tiger Woods bought the contaminated land down the street (Old Diamond Shamrock site) for a future golf coarse. Well we all know what happened to Tiger.

Some disclaimers
When we visitied the site, we entered throught the front gate in a car.
The bat was added. Yes we did see a few bats.
The groundhog was added. Yes we did see a groundhog.
The deer was added. OK, so I am streaching this one. I only saw deep prints.

Music Credit
Hoodeech (Band Name)
Richard Fury on guitar and vocals
Robinn Banks on vocals and percussion
Dr. Fire on base guitar and vocals
The Hit-Man on concussions and vocals
Urban Exploring Abandoned Rayon Corporation Painseville Ohio

Abandoned East Cleveland



Views:17921|Rating:4.00|View Time:5:37Minutes|Likes:72|Dislikes:18
East Cleveland was partially founded by Scottish immigrants, whose names can still be found in the city such as Shaw Ave. , McIlrath Ave. , and Eddy Rd. . East Cleveland incorporated as a village in 1895 and became a city in 1911. This charter included provisions for women’s suffrage, which at the time was unheard of east of the Mississippi River. Before the charter passed, the city of Cleveland unsuccessfully attempted to annex the municipality in 1910 and in 1916.
East Cleveland includes a portion of Euclid Avenue, which from the 1860s through the 1920s was known as “Millionaire’s Row.” The many estates along this stretch of road in East Cleveland including the home of the late John D. Rockefeller, the Standard Oil founder and “the world’s first billionaire.”
A ghetto city in Ohio, one of the most dangerous in the country. Every side is ghetto especially the eastside east cleveland and the westside in the city. Tags: Cleveland, ghetto, murder, homicide, slums, projects, graffiti, gangs, people nation, folk nation, crips, bloods, 7-all, 10-5, waste 5, hough heights, quarter boys, st clair wasteland, double glock, bone thugs, thuggish, trues, shootings, stabbings, most dangerous, bellaire gardens, garden valley, lakeview, riverview, olde cedar, cedar estates, cliffview, king lincoln, morris black, projects, outwaithe, longwood, Lorain, Elyria, Youngstown, mansfield, warren, East Cleveland, Euclid, St Clair, clark-fulton, superior, MLK, Buckeye ave, woodland, euclid, carnegie, 99th, ghetto, 130th, 79th, 55th, 65th, 116th, 123rd, LA Gunnaz, shaw, miles, harvard, lee, lakeshore, fights, Kinsman, Union, Broadway, Bartlett, Hough, Detroit, Madison, Storer, Denison, Bellaire, Puritas, Quincy, Addison

For more Videos Check out

Abandoned Warner & Swasey complex

Abandoned Observatory

Abandoned Amusement Park Chippewa Lake

Cleveland Aquarium

Flat Roof Leaks

Vinyl siding leaking

Goats crossing the boarders

Mulch: The Truth- We All Have Been Scammed

Urban Exploration Paper Mill, Trenton Ohio, Excello Lock

Urban Exploration Abandoned Trailer Park

Bigfoot Sasquatch Trips

Music provided by Ryan Manthey a Lakewood Ohio resident and Musician.
The song in the video is called three cords. The link to this full song and others
Is provided below
Ryan Manthey

Abandoned Churches



Views:3290|Rating:4.17|View Time:3:8Minutes|Likes:20|Dislikes:4
Abandoned churches. St. Joseph Byzantine Catholic Church was located on Orleans Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio and was initially constructed in 1913 and rebuilt in 1928. After 70 years the church closed in 1980. The building struggled along for several decades before becoming abandoned in 2002. The clergymen were permitted to get married which caused some issues with Roman Catholics. Many of Byzantine Rite Catholics defected to the Russian Orthodox Church.
Byzantine Rite Catholic Church, also called Greek Catholic, was founded that retained much of the Eastern Orthodox traditions. Masses were held on Old Slavonic rather than traditional Catholic Latin They used the Julian calendar instead of the Gregorian calendar.
In the 1970s, the neighborhood began to decline both in population and in demographics. The congregation was steadily shrinking and not being replaced. During this time, parish members began migrating out of the city to the suburbs. The expense of maintaining the building and the grounds forced the congregation to abandon the location in 1980. Later, the building was taken over by the Greater Zion Hill Baptist Church community, who in turn abandoned the building.
Try these some of these videos below.
Frozen Pipes

Abandoned Warner & Swasey complex

Abandoned Observatory

Abandoned Amusement Park Chippewa Lake

Cleveland Aquarium

Flat Roof Leaks

Vinyl siding leaking

Goats crossing the boarders

Mulch: The Truth- We All Have Been Scammed

Urban Exploration Paper Mill, Trenton Ohio, Excello Lock

Urban Exploration Abandoned Trailer Park

Bigfoot Sasquatch Trips

Music provided by Ryan Manthey a Lakewood Ohio resident and Musician.
The song in the video is called three cords. The link to this full song and others
Is provided below
Ryan Manthey
Abandoned churches